Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.
As the end of the year approaches, I can’t help but reflect on all the things I accomplished and didn’t accomplish over the past year. I always start the New Year with the best of intentions but inevitably I never achieve everything I wanted to during the year. However, I have been able to improve my success rate by getting S.M.A.R.T.
S.M.A.R.T. is a method used to develop sound goals. A goal is S.M.A.R.T. if it is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Specific: The goal should be simply written and well defined.
- Measurable: There should be solid proof that you have reached your goal.
- Attainable: The goal should be challenging but not unrealistic.
- Relevant: The goal should matter.
- Time-bound: The goal should have a time frame for completion.
Having S.M.A.R.T goals will greatly increase your chances of success.